Saturday, August 19, 2006

PEI by BIKE - "The Preparations"

PEI by Bike: Monday, August 14 - Saturday, August 19, 2006

So I had decided on my quick drive through PEI during my move to Nova Scotia, that I would really like to go back and look around at a little more leisurely pace. And after my idiotic initiation to bicycle touring (who in their right mind would do the Cabot Trail as a FIRST bicycle tour?!?!), I thought PEI would be a little more suitable for touring on a bike, since it is largely FLAT! Turns out I was right! It was a FABULOUS trip. Here's the blow by blow; if you don't want to read all the details, at least check out the pictures. PEI is a very beautiful place.

But first, a little bit about my trials even prior to starting. The trip started off like most of my trips do; slowly and with a few mishaps. The mishap at the beginning of this one was unfortunately to my anatomy. I had a great time the Saturday prior at a beach party; stayed up all night, drank a bit too much, and as a consequence had some hand-eye coordination trying to catch a football in the morning. Instead of landing in my palms, it landed on the tips of my fingers! Fortunately they weren't broken, but they did swell and bruise rather impressively, although I'm not sure if it comes across in the picture. Not daunted, I packed up on Sunday, running on 30 minutes of sleep (too excited about being on vacation to have an afternoon nap) and drove half way to PEI, sleeping in the parking lot of Canadian Tire so I could buy a bike lock in the AM before catching the ferry.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?