Saturday, August 19, 2006

PEI by BIKE - Day 6: "The Dash Home"

Waking up early, once again, I enjoyed catching up on my journal entries while lounging in a lawn chair, sipping fresh coffee, squishing my toes in the morning dew on the grass, and having someone else make me breakfast!! The B&B was fabulous, both in appearance and atmosphere. The couple running it had lived over seas and had many authentic artifacts from the Middle East, Indonesia, and I'm not sure where else. There were other guests (3 couples, and little old me, of course), all from different walks of life, but all very friendly, which made for very interesting converation around the breakfast table. I highly recommend staying there if you're passing through. Their website is: http://www.rosebb.ca/



Once I'd stuffed myself, I headed out once again. I passed through Murray River, where I had camped my first night in PEI. I visited the Old General Store, and was seduced by some jewellery I saw. I ended up buy 3 very lovely pieces; unnecessary, but not absurdly extravagant or anything. I ate at a restaurant up the road, then went to the icecream parlour, and while enjoying my cone, I pondered the shop beside the Old General Store. Looked like a knick knack store, so I thought I'd be sage to stop in, and I'm not really one for knick knacks. Little did I know the horror that awaited my visa card!! They had jewelry. Not only that, they had AMBER! I have become an amber fiend. Absolute fiend. I have to buy it when I see it. It's a compulsion. I then proceeded to buy twice as much jewellery as I had bought at the previous store. Yes, I know, I'm bad. But check out the amber pendant!!

Anyways, I finally pulled myself away from the jewellery and got underway. Hitting the highway, I turned back towards the ferry, unfortunately in to a hugh head wind! I didn't take the nice, sheltered CT back because a) I'd already pedaled that stretch, and b) I wanted to hit the winery! Rossignol winery had some delicious wines that I of course sampled, and managed to find room on my bike for two bottles.
I ran into a couple biking in the same direction as me, but with unloaded bikes, and they offered to let me draft them! Nice! So I made it to the ferry with 10 minutes to spare before depature, had an uneventful crossing, and my car was exactly where and how I left it! Gotta like that. All in all, a very nice, enjoyable vacation.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?