Saturday, August 19, 2006

PEI by BIKE - Day 4: "Comrades in Arms on the CT"

Today was a day of fellow bikers... that ditched me!! I got up in the morning and went back to the beginning of the CT for breakfast and to check out the railroad museum in Elmira. They had a really neat model train, and they even had a miniature train that you could take a ride on... which, of course, I did!



I then headed out down the trail, and as I stopped to take a picture (the one beside actually), I was passed by a guy biking the same direction as me. I late caught up to him as he had stopped for something, and we ended up biking together to St. Peter's. He was going a bit faster than I was used to, but I gamely tried to keep up, and they he says he'd let me go ahead, cause he was gonna slow down and save his legs! So we both slowed down and continued at a more leisurely pace.

His girlfriend (yeah, I know, ugh) was waiting for him at St. Peter's so I took off to go get some food, being starving once again, as per usual. And low and behold, it's the other dude I was playing cat and mouse with yesterday!! He has just finished eatting, so although he was heading in the same direction and was also travelling alone, and sounded vaguely interesting in camping in the same vicinity, he took off and said he'd likely hook up with me a little further down the line!! He seemed to be under the impression that I was a much faster pedaler than him and would no doubt catch up to him in the next 30km, even though he'd be getting an hour head start on me!! Needless to say, I never saw him again. This was partly my fault as I didn't quite get as far as I said I had planned to get because me knee was starting to give me trouble (these bizarre sudden sharp stabbing pains while pedalling, but no problem walking! Weird!), but still! Oh well, I ended up finding a nice campsite and eatting a supper of a mix of things (pasta, nachos, tuna, blueberries, and hot chocolate!) AND having a camp fire! Love camp fires.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?