Saturday, August 19, 2006

PEI by BIKE - Day 2 "Heaven at the end of a Rainy Day"

Today I started off, wanting to reach Panmure Island for lunch. I ended up getting there at around 11am, but it didn't seem like there would be a restaurant, so after taking some pictures of horses that conveniently posed beside the lighthouse and ate my carrots that I didn't really want to eat, I headed out to Montague. By the time I got there, I was STARVING!! Fortunately the place I stopped had steak, which is what I was craving. It was actually an all day breakfast special, which I love, and consisted of steak, eggs, hashbrowns, an a ceasar salad. Bizarre combination, but it was DELICIOUS! I topped it off with a chocolate milk shake and headed on my way.

It had started to rain while I was eatting, so I pulled out the rain gear and trudged along. I was aiming for Big Fortune, which my guide book said had a great restaurant, but I realized, as my energy levels plummeted and it continued to rain, that I wasn't going to make it, so I decided to follow some signs to a B&B. Couldn't find the B&B, but there was also an Inn that was supposed to be in the same area, so I trudged along, battling horrendous head winds, and eventually arrived as the Inn.... yeah, right, Inn. It was more like a palace mascarading as an Inn!

They had one room left, and it was quite expensive, and although I was quite exhausted, it was still just a bit too much for me... and then they came up with the clincher: whirlpool bathtub! That was it, I was sold. The lady was even nice enough to give me the off season rate! The room was absolutely beautiful, as was the whole inn itself, and the meal! My GOD!! It might as well have been God himself cooking that food, or at least one of the minor deities, because I honestly thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was some fabulous creation of chicken breast in a philo pastry with a gingery flavouring, and smothered in a spinach sauce.... wow. Very VERY good food. The wine I had complemented it very nicely too, and the appetizers and desserts were... almost as good as the main course. They were delicious as well, but not much I've ever eatten could compare to that main course.

Ok, enough about food. I hit the whirlpool tub, made the mistake of putting some nice smelling shampoo in the water, and had to turn off the jets when the bubbles reached about 4 feet! I luxuriated in the terry towel bath robes provided, and slept like a princess on my King sized bed. Oh, and since I've done such a fabulous job of promoting this Inn, here's the link if you wanted to check it out:
http://www.innatsprypoint.com/index.cfm

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?