Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cabot Trail by Bike - Day 4 (July 25, 2005)

Today was my 'hit the wall' day. My plan was to continue around the Island on the Ceilidh Trail towards Port Hawksbury, and if time permitted, back towards Sydney on the Fleur-de-Lis Trail, calling for a pick up when I ran out of time. But from the get go that day, my body was saying, nope, not going any further. Nope. Not going to do it. Nope. Sorry. Probably a result of the lack of food the previous night. So I gave up on my grand plans and only made as far as into Cheticamp before stopping for a nice big meal.

My outlook improved vastly after some food, so I headed out and did start along the Ceilidh trail, but decided to turn down towards Lake Ainslie. Then I missed the campsite I wanted to stay at (either I passed it, or it wasn't where it was supposed to be on the map), and there wasn't another one, and it started to rain, and it was getting dark, and I said Frig it! I'm camping HERE. So I just camped on a beach in the middle of no where. It was actually quite a nice site, which I didn't appreciate until the morning, as it was dark by the time I got my tent set up, and it had started raining. But I had a very pleasant morning watching the mist clear off the lake and singing songs to the scenery, as there was no one else around! Turns out there was a campsite 300m down the road! Doh! Oh well, saved myself $20 and had fun singing songs too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?