Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cabot Trail by Bike - Day 3 (July 24, 2005)

Today was the day of the mountains! First North Mountain, 445m, then a nice cruise down in to Pleasant Bay for some food (crab and lobster, Keith's, and an ocean view for $19.95!), and back on the road to head up MacKenzie Mountain, 335m, along a little plateau and then only a mild up to the top of French Mountain, 455m, and then a LOVELY downhill coast and a spectacular view on the west coast of Cape Breton.

I ended up camping that night in the Cheticamp campground and was treated to a free concert of Acadian music. The bad thing about that is it started shortly after I got the campsite, so I didn't really get a chance to eat dinner. But the time I got back to my tent for the night I felt about as lively as a fish left on land for a few days!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?