Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cabot Trail by Bike - Day 2 (July 23, 2005)

So today was... rainy. No other way to describe it. It started out muggy and overcast, which I appreciated after the inferno of the sun on my back while sloggin up Smokey the previous day! I stopped for a lovely coffee and cake (no idea at what time as I didn't bring a watch; who cares what time it is when all you have to do is get up when you wake up, eat when you're hungry and sleep when you're tired!). Anyways, as I was saying, after the coffee, I came out to a light drizzle. I pulled out my rain gear and headed out, having quite a good time getting wet (I love the rain).

The torrential downpour held off until after I got past Neils Harbour and Smelt Brook,
but I was only part way to Cape North when she let loose! Massive sheets of water coming down continuously. I took shelter for a bit in a store, but it didn't look like it was going to ease up, so I just slogged on. I finally got to Cape North and stopped for lunch / dinner. I went to the bathroom and literally rang out my clothes first! I even had the kitchen staff come gauk at me! After eatting my dinner, staring out at the continued down pour... and the motel across the street, well, I broke down and got a room for the night. In stead of spending the night wet in my tiny little coffin of a tent, I dried out all my stuff, had a several hour long bath, and finished Harry Potter, the Half-Blood Prince. Awesome!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?